1. I grew up in Tulsa, OK.
2. I have two older brothers and two older sisters.
3. I have played drums since the age of 11.
4. I am happily married to a pianist/cellist/dancer/humorist/Lebanese-Armenian.
5. My favorite musical group is the Keith Jarrett Trio and my favorite musician is Brian Blade.
6. I'm a fan of John Hughes's movies.
7. I played my first professional gig at age 14 with a steel pan band called "Steel Around." I did not know the song "Brown Eyed Girl" when it was called by the bandleader. This taught me the importance of knowing multiple styles of music and to be prepared for anything. I was paid $50 for the gig.
8. My favorite travel destination so far is Banff, Canada.
9. I started teaching at age 14 after encouragement from my high school music teacher.
10. I moved to Chicago in 2012 after living in Dallas, TX for seven years.
Mr. Joshua Dresser
Fine Arts Teacher, Teacher Leader